|Fan games + See below|
"Darkiplier" is a name that fans use to describe Markiplier when he is not behaving normally, instead opting for a more creepy personality and actively trying to scare his fan base. There have only been a few instances of such behavior, but each instance has ranged from very subtle and effective to very obvious and amusing.
As of late, the fan base has come to acknowledge Darkiplier as a separate being, rather than one of Mark's many alter egos.
Darkiplier makes most appearances in fan fictions or fan games. In these circumstances, he is depicted as being Mark's bad to the bone evil twin brother.
Characteristics & Traits
"Darkiplier" is often depicted with a light beaming from below him, creepily smiling towards the screen with his head down and his eyes up, to emphasize the fear factor of his appearance.
"Darkiplier" started as a much darker version of Markiplier, who often behaved in a scary fashion in order to garner reactions from the audience, especially made effective in videos that are already horrific in nature. As time passed, the fan base considered "Darkiplier" to be a separate being from Mark, making varied appearances in several of Mark's videos, and occasionally interrupting a recording with a foreboding message to the audience.
On multiple occasions, "Darkiplier" notes that there is something behind the viewer, and that they would face dire consequences, should they turn around.
Often times, Mark (as "Darkiplier") acknowledges that he is acting strange or creepy - for example, in "Pizza Delivery v2.0", Mark looks to the webcam, making a "scary" face, then continues to turn back to the screen and states that he should be looking at the screen, yet continues to look at the webcam and back.
Darkiplier appearances are also sometimes accompanied by the phrase "I don't quite feel like myself..." taken from the Raspy Hill video.
Darkiplier has appeared in several videos, sometimes alongside Mark himself:
|Don't blink||Entire||Jun 19, 2012|
|Don't move||Entire||Jul 4, 2012|
|Slender: Elementary (8/8 Complete)||0:17 - 0:23||Aug 31, 2012|
|160 FLOORS COMPLETE WITH ENDING||0:00 - 2:32||Sep 27, 2012|
|OCTOBER OF TERROR||0:00 - 0:44||Oct 1, 2012|
|The Livestream Has ENDED!||Entire||Oct 14, 2012|
|October of Terror Ends||Entire||Oct 31, 2012|
|Toward the Light||3:23 - 3:50||Nov 17, 2012|
|Markiplier and Yamimash Play Amnesia!||27:01 - 27:22||Dec 6, 2012|
|SCARIEST GAME EVER||8:15 - 8:26||Dec 9, 2012|
|SCARING MYSELF STUPID||13:57 - 14:12||Dec 11, 2012|
|THE NEW ENDING||5:02 - 5:38||Dec 17, 2012|
|Sonic.exe||5:40 - 5:53||Dec 24, 2012|
|White Finger||6:51 - 7:17||Mar 10, 2013|
|MARKIPLIER STARVES||15:39 - 15:55||May 2, 2013|
|Markiplier Mail #7||0:00 - 0:29||May 7, 2013|
|JUMPSCARES AND PONIES||0:53 - 1:21||Mar 4, 2013|
|Hello Kitty Island Adventure||Entire||May 28, 2013|
|SO MANY JUMPSCARES!||10:25 - 10:46||May 28, 2013|
|BLAME||13:38 - 14:13||May 29, 2013|
|Pizza Delivery v2.0||7:19 - 7:35||Jun 19, 2013|
|PIANO MONSTERS!!||11:33 - 11:42||Jun 26, 2013|
|BROFORCE AND SILLINESS||58:20 - 59:02||Jun 28, 2013|
|CRAP MY PANTS||3:26 - 3:43||Jul 11, 2013|
|Mr. Kitty Saves The World||1:01 - 1:55||Jul 23, 2013|
|Error #53||7:36||Jul 23, 2013|
|Raspy Hill||1:48 - 2:46||Jul 28, 2013|
|Shadows Chapter 2||6:02 - 6:26||Aug 4, 2013|
|JUMPSCARES AND BLOOD||6:14 - 6:56||Sep 18, 2013|
|"GOOD" END||16:02 - 16:10||Sep 15, 2013|
|LIVESTREAM OVER! October of Terror!||Entire||Oct 26, 2013|
|Are Jumpscares Scary?||0:34 - 1:49||Oct 31, 2013|
|BIGGEST RAGE IN HISTORY||9:05 - 9:36||Apr 15, 2014|
|Best Friends Forever||Entire||May 2, 2014|
|Jumpscare Friends||3:23||May 12, 2014|
|Markiplier RETURNS!!||2:46 - 3:03||Sep 2, 2014|
|Markiplier is SICK... AGAIN!!||0:00 - 0:08||Sep 25, 2014|
|Google IRL||Entire||Oct 31, 2014|
|BATHROOM BLITZ||2:05 - 2:09||Dec 24, 2014|
|The Five Nights at Freddy's Song||3:57 - 4:07||Mar 21, 2015|
|The Way Too Serious Dance||0:00 - 0:43||Apr 6, 2015|
|Freddy & Golden Freddy!||10:45 - 10:55||Jun 4, 2015|
|DO YOU HAVE SCOPOPHOBIA?||9:02 - 9:06||Jun 25, 2015|
|OH YEAH BROTHER! HOGAN'S GONNA GIVE IT TO YA!!||0:01-0:02||Aug 14, 2015|
|MONSTERS IN THE DEEP||Description of Video||Oct 26, 2015|
|Surgeon Simulator IN REAL LIFE||5:50-6:15||May 10, 2016|
|DON'T LAUGH CHALLENGE #3||2:56-3:02||July 12, 2016|
|relax||0:34-1:07||Aug 14, 2016|
|A Date With Markiplier||Feb 17, 2017|
- Darkiplier & Creepy Moments of Markiplier
- Darkiplier II & Creepy Moments of Markiplier
- Darkiplier III & Creepy Moments of Markiplier
- Darkiplier IV & Creepy Moments of Markiplier
- Come Little Children - Darkiplier
- The Thing in the Woods - Darkiplier
- In Error #53, Mark continuously tries to play off the scary aspects of the game as "glitches" while admitting that the game is supposed to be scary, hinting at "Darkiplier's" influence.
- In the episode "Mr. Kitty Saves the World", there is a purple face that interrupts the video and says, "Thank you", implying "Darkiplier". Afterward, the video 'resets' and Mark pops up suddenly saying "Help me!", before disappearing.
- He briefly appears in Mark's second episode of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, along with the text "It's me".
- In Raspy Hill, near the end of the video, he is shown twitching and his disembodied voice welcomes the fan base to the game. He is also suddenly shown with the face of a Jack-O-Lantern.
- There has also been noticeable instances where "Darkiplier" has shown up in Mark's normal Lets Plays as brief flashes (which can be seen in the fan made "Darkiplier" compilations).
- In "The Way Too Serious Dance" is shown that Mark can "summon" him at will by dangerous dance. If not done accurately, the summoning will hurt user.
- Darkiplier also appears as a character in the fanmade game Markiplier... My Name Is... Mark...
- In the fanmade game, With the Addition of Markiplier: Dance With Caution, Darkiplier appears as a female version of Markiplier.
- In "Markiplier RETURNS!!" Mark thinks that Darkiplier looks like emo vampire.
- Markiplier created a post on his blog acknowledging the "existence" of "Darkiplier":
- RE: Darkiplier
- For the people picking Darkiplier as their favorite character of mine… I don’t know who Darkiplier is. He is not a “character” I play. I don’t even know when you all started calling him by that name.
- You made him real.
- And now he knows who you are.
- Why did you do this...
|Relatives||Mark Fischbach | Tom | Mom | Dee | Chica|
|Aaron Ash | Amy Nelson | Bob Muyskens | Cyndago | Ethan Nestor | Kathryn Knutsen | Sean McLoughlin | Tyler Scheid | Wade Barnes|
|Recurring Collabrators||Brooke Lawson | CaptainSparklez | CinnamonToastKen | Cryaotic | Daniel Kyre | EatMyDiction1 | Fine Brothers | Game Grumps | Jesse Busemeyer | Latin Goddess | LixianTV | Matthias | Matt Watson | PewDiePie | Ryan Magee | Rosanna Pansino | SeaNanners | TheRPGMinx | Zombiemold | Ohmwrecker|
|Others||Jessica Fossey | Caspie1405 | Coyotemation | Cranbersher | Crown Interactive | Darkiplier | DidYouKnowGaming? | Dlive | Edge | Hot Pepper Gaming | jacksfilms | JeffKyler14 | markiplierSINGSbadly | MatPat | Octobarian | Polaris | RadicalSoda | Random Encounters | shodleech | Sienna Spalding | SuperMega | Tiny Box Tim | Tobygames | Triggerhappy1337 | UberHaxorNova | Wilford Warfstache|